Headquartered in Tulsa, Viersen Oil & Gas Co. (Company) was established in 1921 in Okmulgee, Oklahoma by A. A. Viersen and subsequently managed by Sam K. Viersen, Sr and then Sam K. Viersen, Jr. There were other active Viersen entities during the years, including a drilling company with offices in Okmulgee and Oklahoma City, that ultimately merged into Viersen Oil & Gas Co. on December 31, 1997 thus leaving the Company the only active surviving entity. At the time of the merger, the Company converted into a family owned entity with all of the Company's stock held by family members and relocated its headquarters to Tulsa, Oklahoma.
The company is now governed by the heirs of Maralynn Viersen Sant.